I was so excited when 3M offered me the opportunity to come up with a simple craft for Halloween using their duct tape! I automatically was drawn to their glow-in-the-dark duct tape options and began thinking of ideas.
Being a mom of 4, the night of Halloween can make a mom nervous with kids running all over the place in the dark. I thought it might be nice to use the glow in the dark duct tape to make fun slap bracelets as an added layer of protection and safety. This would also make a fun and simple Halloween party craft!
3M Offers three different types of Glow In The Dark Halloween Duct Tapes:
Batman, Spiders and Spiderwebs, and Solid Glow
To make these super simple Slapbands you will need:
- 3M Glow in the Dark Halloween Duct Tape of your choice from Scotch® Color & Pattern Duct Tape website
- Slap Bands from Dollar Store or Online
3M also included an amazing pair of their scissors and I must say, they work wonderfully to cut through duct tape!
1.Grab your slap bands and peel off the layer of material they have included on the band. The cheap ones are barely glued on and come off easily. You will be left with a piece of thin metal.
2. Measure out a piece of duct tape and lay the rounded side on top. This will be your bottom layer of the bracelet where you can have seams. Its important to make sure you do this side first as to not have your duct tape edges on the top.
3. Wrap the duct tape around, or if it is a skinny duct tape, you can just leave it flat and create a rectangle bracelet. The choice is yours. I did it both ways and they all work out fine!
4. Cut a second piece and carefully place the duct tape directly on top of your bottom piece so you don’t have any overlapping sticky edges.
5. If you want a rounded end slap band, here is where you will cut your edges to match up with the end of the slap band. Otherwise, just leave a square edge.
6. If you have older kids and they want a more edgy cool look, you can double up your slap bands and use thick duct tape…my oldest daughter loved the look of it!
7. Now you are ready to practice slapping the band on your arm, or your bicycle, or your trick-or-treat pumpkin or bag…or a ghost!
My kids had a great time helping me with this project and can’t wait till Halloween!
Thank you to 3M for providing such awesome materials for this craft!
SideNote: The all white glow duct tape glows the best! But the Batman and Spider Duct Tape is way cooler!!
This project was written by Kristen Stephens – our ex-lesson plans editor.
This post is a collaboration with Scotch® Color & Pattern Duct Tape, but words and opinions are my own.
By Vikram Goyal